The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cpanel Security patch installation

Discussion in 'Security' started by spyr05, Dec 6, 2011.

1. spyr05

spyr05 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Hello guys i have read the relevant information regarding the Security issue of cpanel discovered yesterday and according to this post: Security Patch - WHMCS Forums i have to find the /includes/ folder and replace a file with the new version. My cpanel version is 11.30.5 (build 2) but at the specific post it list these versions to choose from:
    -links removed -

Im not sure which one represent min i quess is the 5.0 isnt it? Another issue im facing is that i cannot find the /includes/ folder through ssh can anyone please help me out?

Thanks really appriciated

#1 spyr05, Dec 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2011
  2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    This security issue was with WHMCS, not cPanel. For support with WHMCS you'll need to post on the forum you've linked to above.

As for finding directories on your server, you might want to speak with your host about where your files for WHMCS are located. If you're not familiar with navigating your file system via SSH you might want to use cPanel's File Manager and have a look around your account that way, instead.

Good Luck!

3. k-planethost

k-planethost Well-Known Member

if you had update whmcs to last version is the last link check your version first
    it includes the file located at /includes/functions.php replace it asap
    doesnt have to do anything with cpanel thats a whmcs patch