The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cpanel services failing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Arun, May 9, 2009.

1. Arun

Arun Active Member

When I try to restart cPanel services, I notice the following error message:

I tried the steps mentioned in the error message and then the error message disappears:

mv /var/cpanel/sql/eximstats.sql /var/cpanel/sql/eximstats.sql.tmp_working_copy
    /usr/local/cpanel/libexec/tailwatchd --restart
    mysql eximstats < /var/cpanel/sql/eximstats.sql.tmp_working_copy

However it is recurring the next day. I had forced updated cPanel and reinstalled Perl as well the previous day. Does anyone know what can be done to prevent it from recurring?

2. PlatinumServerM

PlatinumServerM Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The suggested fix should work fine. If it is happening again the next day then something else must be wrong. Try updating cpanel and see if that helps. If not, your provider or cpanel will have to check into this.

3. uggsxmas

uggsxmas Registered

Code:
    ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION

Cpanel::TailWatch::Eximstats appears to have unprocessed SQL in  ar/cpanel/sql/eximstats.sql.

When mysql is unable to execute a query they are logged for processing later.

Eventually these SQL files may be handled automatically and this message will not appear.

In the meantime you can execute the queries as root with something like this:

mv  ar/cpanel/sql/eximstats.sql  ar/cpanel/sql/eximstats.sql.tmp_working_copy
      /usr/local/cpanel bexec/tailwatchd --restart
      mysql eximstats <  ar/cpanel/sql/eximstats.sql.tmp_working_copy

Once you are sure all is well you can remove  ar/cpanel/sql/eximstats.sql.tmp_working_copy

omg, how to fix them?