The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cpanel short name email logins

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by matilda, Apr 27, 2011.

1. matilda

matilda Registered

Hi there,

I am a plesk user thats finally had enough of there always being problems with every update of plesk. We have around 400 domains on a couple of psa boxes. I have installed the cpanel trial and getting to know it and how it works. I have migrated a couple of domains across with success and everything is going along quite smoothly.

Most of the domains the email end users are using the short name logins, not the full email address as the login. I noticed when I migrated the test domains across, I had to change to the full email address as the login for it to work. Is it possible to change cpanel so I can use blah as the login for email instead of blah@blah.com ?

400 domains, talking each one with their users changing their mail config would be a support nightmare and want to avoid.

cheers

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Only the cpanel user can login with just a user name and his password. All other email accounts will need to use the full email address for Webmail login username.