The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cpanel Skins?

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by Craig, Aug 10, 2001.

1. Craig

Craig Well-Known Member

Is there going to be a template system introduced for modding cpanel?
    Seems that you have to edit an awful lot of files if you wish to reskin it.. ?
    Or am i mistaken? :]

Regards

Craig

2. Site5-Matt

Site5-Matt Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

[quote:94b7e22037]Is there going to be a template system introduced for modding cpanel?
    Seems that you have to edit an awful lot of files if you wish to reskin it.. ?
    Or am i mistaken? :]

Regards

Craig [/quote:94b7e22037]
    Currently yes, there are a LOT of files to edit. We\'re considering alternatives for NocSoft (something like NetAdmin\'s template system), however nothing is set in stone yet.

Regards,
    Matt

3. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Even just implementing some sort of include/ssi system in to it would be better than what has to be done now. At least then we could setup a header, footer, menu file that is included in each page.

If you want to make NocSoft a killer app then you really have got to build a template system in to it.

4. Elena

Elena Well-Known Member

Yeah, there really should be includes allowed in the html files for cpanel, would help a LOT!
    anyway.. I hope the templates for nocsoft aren\'t restrictive (not being able to add our own custom stuff/notes/images to files).. or else I\'ll have to go hang myself :eek: I put sooo many descriptions in my cpanel skin.. loosing those and well all the work put into it as a whole.. to say the least, I won\'t be a happy camper. :(

5. Mark Vockler

Mark Vockler Active Member

Even with the introduction of templates, the current API-style customization option should still remain available as an option. Perhaps you guys could merge the 2 like what vBulletin does.

Mark

[Edited on 8/11/01 by Mark Vockler]