The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPanel & SMTP Auth

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by VISL, Jul 17, 2007.

1. VISL

VISL Member

Hi,

How can I configure my Exim and CPanel so I can setup SMTP Auth usernames and passwords so some clients can authenticate using AUTH SMTP???

Thanks

VISL

2. mtindor

mtindor Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Should work just fine out of the box. Just tell your clients to enable SMTP Auth in their email client. If they are SMTP authenticating with the same username as the POP3 username that they use in their email client, there should not be a problem.

For instance, if your client's email address is bob@domain.com and he has his email client set up to POP mail for bob@domain.com, then typically he'd only need to go into his email client configuration for the bob@domain.com account and enable SMTP Authentication.

Depending on the email client, he may have to specify the credentials to SMTP authenticate with - and if he needs to do that, he would add bob@domain.com as the smtp authentication username, and of course an appropriate password.

Mike