The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel + Spam

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nimrodx, Mar 15, 2010.

1. nimrodx

nimrodx Active Member

I fight a constant battle against spam being sent from our servers.

It's now at the stage where I'm looking to impliment a solution that actively blocks/stops outgoing spam at the source. For example, checking for DarkMailer and removing the content or suspending the user.

Most of the problems are linked with exploited scripts being used to upload mailers and php mail scripts.

What solutions do you all have in place to protect against this kind of thing? I'm at my wits end and really frustrated with this now :(

2. madaboutlinux

madaboutlinux Well-Known Member

Yes. mostly the spam emails are sent by exploiting scripts and is difficult to trace it out. The best solution to stop such outgoing spams is to disable the option from "Tweak Settings"

If the option is enabled, the contact forms and such on the websites won't work. You will have to ask your clients to use SMTP authentication in their scripts which will make sure the email will go out from a valid email ID instead of 'nobody'.

Another option is to write down some exim filtering rules. Refer:

Web Hosting Talk - View Single Post - Abuse - ********** - SPAM - IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED

You can also add your own rules and place it in /etc/cpanel_exim_system_filter