The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel, SpamAssassin and email hosts

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Hans L, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Hans L

Hans L Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello:

I have just started trying to figure out how to protect my computer, iPhone and iPad from spam. At my email host's cPanel, I have activated SpamAssassin, and it works for about 80-85 % of spams with the score set to 4.5.

Now, when I came to the question of what to do when I run out of the 6 whiltelist fields in SpamAssassin in my host's cPanel, I realized I had only a vague idea about who was responsible for what. So I thought, why not ask :)

Is the way SpamAssassin is set up in cPanel of a host the doing of cPanel or the host or both? Who is, for instance, responsible for the very limited numbers of whilelist fields? (Just to add a detailed question: can you add more than one email address in one field, and, if so, how do you separate them ... comma, semicolon, or ...?)

I hope that someone can elucidate the more general issue, as well as the detailed question, for me.

Thanks in advance!

Hans L

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Additional fields for "whitelist_from" appear when opening the SpamAssassin page in cPanel after the first five are utilized. You have to save the initial entries, and go back to the page again to add more. You may need to have your hosting provider ensure you are assigned an updated theme (X3 or Paper Lantern) if this is not working properly.

Thank you.