Cpanel SSL Cloudflare 525 SSL Handshake Failed

cPanel & WHM Version
Hi, im getting Error 525 SSL handshake failed problem on only one site. Using same settings and 15 years Cloudflare origin cert + ca bundle, cf ssl mode full (strict) on all of my websites for years. Suddenly this popped up. Please help me. I deleted and readded ssl cert created from cloudflare origin cert. Still same. There was no problem for years. I couldn’t find the problem.

Today suddenly this problem popped up. 15 years cloudflare origin certs+ca bundle installed in cpanel + cf proxy orange cloud enabled was working for years and still works on my other websites. Currently temporarily disabled cloudflare proxy and installed 90 day zerossl cert until fix.
Why "cloudflare origin cert+rsa ca bundle installed on cpanel" isn't working and giving Error 525 SSL handshake failed error.
Summary:
CF Proxy ON + cloudflare 15 years origin cert installed with rsa CAbundle + full (strict) IS NOT WORKING ANYMORE Error 525 SSL handshake failed
CF Proxy ON + zerossl 90day cert + full (strict) Error 525 SSL handshake failed
CF Proxy OFF + zerossl 90day cert Works (temp solution)

please help.
Host couldn't find the problem im requesting help from cpanel and cloudflare. I have 4 different cpanel host package with 10 sites. I'm using same settings on all. Only 1 cpanel this problem is exist so this could be related with cpanel.
cpanel cf origin cert https://i.ibb.co/1z0Hb5Y/image.png

Last edited by a moderator:

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! It sounds like you've done a good amount of troubleshooting on this issue already. If you have full root access to the system it would likely be best to submit a ticket to our team so we can check that directly on our end. If you do decide to submit a ticket, please post the number here so I can follow along and keep this thread updated.

nyoung

Registered
Mar 2, 2020
US
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
We are also facing this issue, no SSL errors are showing up in the error log when we switch the logging level to debug. Did you have any luck getting this resolved? Thanks

Hey there! It sounds like you've done a good amount of troubleshooting on this issue already. If you have full root access to the system it would likely be best to submit a ticket to our team so we can check that directly on our end. If you do decide to submit a ticket, please post the number here so I can follow along and keep this thread updated.
Hi, im just a customer user, i dont have any root access. Since the hosting company could not offer any solution, I had no choice but to ask for help from here. I already created ticket and they asked adding ssh server key to check which i dont have access.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
@tosunkaya - that's unfortunate to hear about the host, as I would expect them to offer support for cPanel users without root access. Without access to the server's error logs, there isn't much additional testing you can do besides what has already been done.

@nyoung - if the same thing is happening with multiple users it might be best to reach out to Cloudflare directly to see if they have any other reports of this behavior.