The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cpanel SSL service failed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by erik@delphi, Oct 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erik@delphi

erik@delphi Well-Known Member

hi people,

I didn't changed anything now i'm no longer able to start the cpanel ssl service.After searching here.Ifound something about an imap fileI do not have such a file when i run this

i get this

now howto fix that ... i did the mail convert thingy releated to the imap security hole does that have anything todo with it ?

2. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider

cd /usr/local/cpanel/src/perl/Net-SSLeay.... (dir might not be exactly right as I'm in an airport right now and can't check)
    ./build
    make
    make install

3. erik@delphi

erik@delphi Well-Known Member

it gives me an error about the version of openSSL i use i upgraded i to the latest release (security holes fixed) and it doesn't work :mad: worked fine before :mad: :mad:

4. stellarbytes

stellarbytes Member

Sorry for bumping up an old thread, but I am having the same problem and do not know how to fix it.

I'm not very familiar with installing cPanel but did so using the helpful documentation supplied from my reseller.

Everything seems to run fine - I have installed SSL certificates on both server.domain.com and domain.com but keep getting the following e-mail every day:
    Code:
    Native SSL support failed to pass the startup test.  stunnel was started instead.
    The exact error was: [linktest=/usr/local/cpanel/bin/linktest-ssl: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/local/cpanel/perl/Net/SSLeay/SSLeay.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    ] [binary=/usr/local/cpanel/cpsrvd-ssl] [cpsrvd=/usr/local/cpanel/cpsrvd-ssl: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/local/cpanel/perl/Net/SSLeay/SSLeay.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    ]

You should attempt run /usr/local/cpanel/bin/nativessl-install or submit a support request at https://tickets.cpanel.net/submit/
    When I try /usr/local/cpanel/bin/nativessl-install to install I get an error 'No such file or directory' - I have been told by my reseller to try '/usr/local/cpanel/bin/nativessl-install', I get:
    Code:
    root@server [/usr/local/bin]# /urs/local/cpanel/bin/native-ssl install
    -bash: /urs/local/cpanel/bin/native-ssl: No such file or directory
    root@server [/usr/local/bin]#

I have no idea what the problem is - both server.domain.com and domain.com can be accessed via https with no problem - but I don't know why this error is happening and how to fix it.

Has anybody got any ideas?

Many thanks :)

5. andyf

andyf Well-Known Member

Old thread, I know, but on the off chance that you're still seeing problems, you have a typo in your command:

Should be

Code:
    /usr/local/cpanel/bin/nativessl-install 

6. siweb

siweb Registered

I had the same problem and I fixed it by installing ExtUtils::Install module.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.