The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cpanel Support Options? (modedit)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by First Faze, Feb 5, 2002.

1. First Faze

First Faze Well-Known Member

I\'ve been reading these boards for quite some time and I see a lot of conversation about the lack of support, the lack of pricing information. People wanting the ability to purchase the product for a one time fee, if Cpanel is going to be around for a long time... and I don\'t see a lot of answers to these questions... Maybe people missed them? Well here they are again and I think I\'d like to know this information as well as a lot of other people on this board.

1) A lot of people are saying due to the fact that a lot of new control panels are coming out that Cpanel will stop development.. If Cpanel stops development will Cpanel stop working?

2) Is it possible to purchase a lifetime license for a one time fee? And if so, who can we contact to get this information?

3) A lot of the companies that are distributing Cpanel don\'t pick up the phones, and don\'t answer support requests properly.. In one thread I saw we were paying \"$99/MO.. Or whatever The Fee\" for the [b:227bf85371]Support[/b:227bf85371] and Upgrades. - A lot of people aren\'t getting much if any support.

4) If I had \"Company A\" install Cpanel for me and I am currently paying them the monthly fee and do not like either their technical support / just want to change to a new provider - Can I? Can I just purchase a new license and Cpanel will just continue working like normal? Or does it have to be reinstalled? Etc.

Don\'t get me wrong, I love Cpanel! And me personally, I\'m not getting the BEST support.. But that\'s when I try and figure it out myself or pay someone :( -- But I think I\'d be, as well as a lot of other people happier if these questions were answered.. at least to some extent.

2. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:3c7663b8de][i:3c7663b8de]Originally posted by First Faze[/i:3c7663b8de]
    I\'ve been reading these boards for quite some time and I see a lot of conversation about the lack of support, the lack of pricing information. People wanting the ability to purchase the product for a one time fee, if Cpanel is going to be around for a long time... and I don\'t see a lot of answers to these questions... Maybe people missed them? Well here they are again and I think I\'d like to know this information as well as a lot of other people on this board.

1) A lot of people are saying due to the fact that a lot of new control panels are coming out that Cpanel will stop development.. If Cpanel stops development will Cpanel stop working?
    [/quote:3c7663b8de]
    I see just the reverse happening.. .. DarkORB has been around since 1998.. I don\'t think you need to worry about it going anywhere.

[quote:3c7663b8de]
    2) Is it possible to purchase a lifetime license for a one time fee? And if so, who can we contact to get this information?
    We do not offer licenses for a one time fee at this time.

3) A lot of the companies that are distributing Cpanel don\'t pick up the phones, and don\'t answer support requests properly.. In one thread I saw we were paying \"$99/MO.. Or whatever The Fee\" for the [b:3c7663b8de]Support[/b:3c7663b8de] and Upgrades. - A lot of people aren\'t getting much if any support.
    See answer to question 4.

4) If I had \"Company A\" install Cpanel for me and I am currently paying them the monthly fee and do not like either their technical support / just want to change to a new provider - Can I? Can I just purchase a new license and Cpanel will just continue working like normal? Or does it have to be reinstalled? Etc.
    As long as your bill is paid with your current distributor, you can switch and cpanel will continue to function.

Don\'t get me wrong, I love Cpanel! And me personally, I\'m not getting the BEST support.. But that\'s when I try and figure it out myself or pay someone :( -- But I think I\'d be, as well as a lot of other people happier if these questions were answered.. at least to some extent. [/quote:3c7663b8de]

3. bdraco

bdraco Guest

First Faze: You might want to look at this table to compare current distributors.

http://web.cpanel.net/dist.html