The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel takes too much time to restart services on creating users

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lastguru, Apr 18, 2011.

1. lastguru

lastguru Member

Jul 29, 2010
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

I am facing a small but annoying problem. I am not even sure whether I should write here or somewhere else... When WHMCS and sometimes even my users through their cPanel interface are doing something that requires cPanel to restart the web service (I have nginxcp now, so both apache and nginx should be started), an error appears caused by system waiting too long on the operation to complete. The operation of course succeeds and a simple refresh of the current page also works successfully... but it is a bit annoying seeing the error on screen, and few clients have written me an email whether it is normal...

Is there any way to speed this up, or tell the web interfaces that request the webserver restart to wait a bit longer for the content to show up?

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

Oct 2, 2010
    somewhere over the rainbow
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Since WHMCS and nginxcp aren't developed by cPanel, it might be helpful to post this inquiry on either of those products' forums. It might be something that's happened to other users and a search on their forums might help to determine the cause as well.

You may also want to check the cPanel error logs at /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log location to see if anything is being output to that log when the issue is happening. Any time another product tries to manipulate cPanel actions in the interface, it might log to the cPanel error log.