The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPanel tech f**ked my server up after i got it fixed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Getox, Dec 13, 2004.

1. Getox

Getox BANNED

thats right "CPanel tech f**ked my server up after i got it fixed"

you should make a damn CLOSE button to close the ticket, Yea there is one, but only for the cpanel techs to use!

this is the last time i use cpanel forums & support tickets.

2. Getox

Getox BANNED

there should still be a usable close button, i though the close button at the bottom did close it, But noo cpanel did it wrong and made it visible to all

3. John4767

John4767 Registered

way to go man :D lol. you where telling me about this on MSN the other day...

4. Getox

Getox BANNED

yeah, and they should also test it better!

5. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Never had a problem with support from cPanel, ever.

6. haze

haze Well-Known Member

From your aviator it looks to me as though you've already got an agenda. How do we or you know cPanel techs were to blame for the screw up ? You leave no proof in your post, its all just hearsay.

Not taking sides here but it just seems as though your using cPanel as a scapegoat. Perhaps if you had a technician on staff that was familiar with cPanel you wouldn't have needed the support ? Did you go through the proper channels for support ( assuming you purchased cPanel from a part. Noc or Distributor ) ? Why wasn't your distributor able to assist you ?

That said, mistakes do happen, and in the 4 + years i've been using cPanel, i have had a few minor issues with cPanel and cPanel support. Those issues were always addressed by cpanel in a professional manor. Coming in here swearing and lifting the house ain't going to get you anywhere but the blacklist.

Also, be cautious what you say about a company in public. There is free speach and then there's legal recourse for such things as slander, etc. You've provided no proof of your claim and have acted in an immature fashion which doesn't leave much ( if any ) credit in your name.

7. Joshfrom

Joshfrom Well-Known Member

Heh I don't normally share but I looked up his ticket :) The initial ticket just came in with this prognosis:

After getting root from him and doing some updates to resolve his vague complaint we asked if his issue was resolved and his final most brilliant response was:

If you cant help us, we can't help you :)

BTW - The close button is at the bottom of the ticket or you can type "close this request" in the first line of any message back to the ticket to close it.

8. haze

haze Well-Known Member

Well then.. if your going to submit a ticket to cpanel for something a system administrator should be looking at, and then not update the ticket when you decide to have a look at it or have someone else check it out and fix it.. who's responsible ? NOT CPANEL.

Another fine example of User Error and pointing fingers in the wrong direction. Seems to becomming more and more common these days.

9. dgbaker

dgbaker Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider

And not just here, the world mentallity has become to blame others and not accept responsibilities for ones actions.

10. jdonoso

jdonoso Well-Known Member

Have anyone noticed that the dude in mention is only 15 years old??!! Look at his public profile and you will see:
    Birthday: February 2, 1989

So, what can you expect on maturity terms? :D

Regards,

11. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Maybe his mom got mad at him because of all the money she shelled out for a server and he busted it.. :p

12. casey

casey Well-Known Member

Priceless. :) However, the close button at the bottom of the ticket does not work for non-technicians. ;)

13. GOT

GOT Get Proactive!

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I think there is a point where dedicated servers can be too cheap...

14. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

That, I totally agree with. It's these $50/month servers with "easy to use cpanel" that are bringing in new "hosting companies" who know nothing about running a server, or even running a business.

15. haze

haze Well-Known Member

Its great there are affordable solutions, but with that come every joe blow and their dog that can run a hosting business. Of course, a cheap server is not a license to run a hosting biz. It takes a hell of a lot more than a 20 dollar cpanel license and a sub $99 server. Unfortunately we're just seeing the beginning of it all.. the worst ( IMHO ) is yet to come.. /me shudders.

Sometimes I just wish the bottom of the barrel server offers would just dissapear. I sorta miss the days of the $350 / w/ 10 GB bw servers now. :(

16. GOT

GOT Get Proactive!

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Well, for me, I do not mind people who lack the knowledge to run their server themselves, its good for business.

Its the children that get into it that bug me. They do not understand the economics that it costs $75 a month to have someone competant manage their server for them.

How many times have I heard:

"D00D! That's more than I pay for the whole SERVER!"

:rolleyes:

17. John4767

John4767 Registered

hey i have know him on MSN for quite awhile now. this dude has talent :P he is a Wizard in PHP. be nice to him :P he may be 15 but he isnt dumb. so you should check your facts. he got mad thats all. he was really mad and it seems he went over board lol. so what no ones perfect :P im 16 does that mean i dont know anything? who cares how old he is!

18. haze

haze Well-Known Member

Thats totally besides the point, this "dudes" age is no excuse. Before he went bashing the technicians that do a mighty fine job doing what they do, he should have checked his facts and got his story straight. Posting false and misleading information to boost his mute point was totally uncalled for and its not something any of us regular users need to, or have to put up with. In the real world, issues brought up like this in a public forum can and do cause serious legal reprocusions for "dudes" such as this. Grow up and move on.

19. GOT

GOT Get Proactive!

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    My remark was precisely because of his reaction, not becaus of his knowledge level. With age comes maturity and that is what that post demonstrated was lacking.

20. kris1351

kris1351 Well-Known Member

I applaud the Cpanel team for even dealing with stuff like this. I allow our techs to respond sarcastically to ranters like little boy here. We don't allow ANY customer to cuss at us through email, phone or tickets. There is never a need for that as the support people bust their butts getting stuff churned out. Sure you can get frustrated, but yelling at the guy fixing your ticket won't help.

To the other guy, yea it is too young. You haven't learned how to handle yourself yet. You don't figure that out for a long time. :)