The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel telling customers they have dedicated IP when they don't

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrMonkey, Apr 10, 2005.

1. MrMonkey

MrMonkey Registered

I have a server that's telling customers on the main shared IP (xx.xx.xx.117) that they have a dedicated IP address. Also, the account that is at the first IP on the server (xx.xx.xx.116), which is running with a dedicated IP, says it has a shared IP.

If I change an IP for an account, the IP that is listed as the main shared IP is xx.xx.xx.116, which is incorrect. The main shared IP is xx.xx.xx.117.

The xx.xx.xx.117 address is set in "Edit Setup --> Main Shared Virtual Host IP" correctly.

Everything functions correctly, and new accounts are setup with the correct IP, but cPanel seems a bit confused in it's labeling of IP status.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

2. Sinewy

Sinewy Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Most likely because your server's main IP is .116...not 117..setting it in Edit Setup doesn't actually make that IP the main server IP.

3. MrMonkey

MrMonkey Registered

thanks for a reply -- but... I realize that the main server IP is not changed with the setting in WHM, but how does this effect whether cPanel tells customers if they have a dedicated or shared IP?

Is this a know issue with cPanel servers? I have no problem reconfiguring the IP addresses on the server, it's just something I'd rather not do unless it's really the source of the problem.

thanks