Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

cPanel - The PHP Issues In WHM - Going On Too Long!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smoge, May 9, 2011.

1. smoge

smoge Well-Known Member

For several of months now, php builds have had problems "right out of the box" and almost always after installing PECL any addon PECL modules, multiple no-debug-non-zts-* folders with the .so files being spread around (and not having proper permissions), and errors in php.ini files.

Sure, a sysadmin can fix these issues with manual edits - but why should we have to do this?

cPanel has said that the stuff has been fixed - but not in 11.28.x

Yet - months later, 11.28 is still the RELEASE build.

There are a lot of posts by lots of people in the cPanel forum about these issues.

It's getting a little "old" - it has just been "too long" to let these issues persist in the RELEASE build.

If I am not mistaken - it has been since Jan 2011 or before... and still counting the days.

When is this going to stop? And why did was it allowed to persist for so long?

-Smoge

2. smoge

smoge Well-Known Member

So I installed EDGE to take a look (WHM 11.30.0 (build 7))

and went into the php editor...

and is says:

This system has multiple PHP installs. Select which one to edit below.
    [x] Default PHP (/usr/bin/php) [ ]Alternate PHP (/usr/php4/bin/php)

But you know what? I don't.

root@xxx [~]# ls /usr/php4/
    /bin/ls: /usr/php4/: No such file or directory

Sure, not related to the issues I already complained about... but it's not a good sign... MONTHS LATER...

What is going on with the person or people responsible for this aspect of WHM?

I think they have lost focus.

We just want our php configuration editors to work in a fresh install, at the minimum. And if they can work after installing a module - thats a plus... we have better things to do than fool with this stuff manually again and again on multiple WHM based servers.

It's been too long of a wait.

I'll shut up and see if anyone agrees or disagrees with me.

3. smoge

smoge Well-Known Member

And it continues... still not fixed.... I just setup a few servers and I had to fool around with the php.ini on all of them.

What a waste of time.

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Have you reported your findings to cPanel support properly so that they could address this issue for you?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...