The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel theme "1" suddenly appeared.

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by 4u123, Jun 18, 2015.

1. 4u123

4u123 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Anyone else got a new theme suddenly appeared named "1"? It doesn't do anything if the user tries to switch to it from within cpanel - but if they do - and log out, when they log back in they get a blank screen.

This theme doesn't appear in the "Branding" section of WHM but it does appear in /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/1 although the only files that exist seem to be related to plugins such as Softaculous, Attracta and LVE stats etc.

I haven't done anything to create this and it would seem it has happened on most of servers (but not all) within the last 24 hours.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    No sign of it here on up to date EDGE and CURRENT servers. What tier are you running?

3. 4u123

4u123 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Running Release tier. What these servers have in common is that they are mostly new servers where all accounts have been transferred over. The dates on the oldest files in the /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/1 directory could tie in with the date the accounts were transferred on each server.

Many of these users may have previously been using old X and X2 themes - so I'm wondering if somehow the transfer process created this additional "1" theme as a result of those being missing on the new servers.

Files are being updated in this theme directory but I was wrong in thinking the entire directory was created within the last 24 hours, so it would appear not to tie in with the release of 11.50 as I had suspected.

I can't see any evidence of malicious activity. I would be interested to know if there is a scenario whereby this theme directory could get automatically generated by some cpanel/WHM process.

4. cPanelAdamF

cPanelAdamF cPanel Product Owner
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    ooo

We didn't observe this during testing. Please do consider opening a ticket with our tech support team so that we can take a look.