The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel Theme

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by dinho, Dec 11, 2012.

1. dinho

dinho Member

Sorry for my english

Would you like some help before the version was 11:32, I offer resellers the theme Portuguese Brasilian (whm), customers accessed with the User and Password resale the whm them (ie on a shared server) After upgrade, lost language portuques, anteriorly I made ​​the traduçao file "command2" if I lowered it, then went up to him and was translated to Portuguese alteration theme. Today it is not working anymore, you could give me some information?

2. dinho

dinho Member

please

Could someone help me

3. miriam519

miriam519 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    You can try searching in the internet for some Cpanel theme. I do it too and search in Google and I find some. :)

4. dinho

dinho Member

Hello

Thanks for the tip, but had already done this, I thought that someone could share some Useful Information.

5. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Modifying the command2 file to supply localized text is generally not recommended. The UI changes made for 11.34 makes the Left Navigation Menu localizable. This is what you formerly were localizing via modifying the command2 file. Unfortunately there is a bug in 11.34.0, which we did not discover until very late in the process, that prevents localizing via the Locale Editors in WHM. This bug is fixed in 11.34.1.

In short to localize the WHM UI:
    1. Upgrade to 11.34.1
    2. Use the Bulk Locale Editor in WHM to translate the text to your chosen language
    3. Change the reseller's locale to the desired language. This can be done via one of the following:
    a. At the login UI for WHM
    b. In the cPanel Change Language interface

Please keep in mind that only some of the UIs can be localized in the above manner.

6. dinho

dinho Member

Dear cpanelkenneth

Sorry for my english

I'm learning to walk manuser the whm, also'm translating my WHM (reseller functions) Brasilian Portuguese. the path / usr / local / cpanel / whostmgr / docroot / themes folder existed x_portugues, which was not working anymore, so I removed it after I did the following

cd / usr / local / cpanel / whostmgr / docroot / themes
    cp-R x x_Portugues

I copied the folder to x x_portugues thus:

cd / usr / local / cpanel / whostmgr / docroot / themes
    cp-R x x_Portugues

Then enter the folder x_Portugues take the file and translate command2

After that I change the theme of English to Portuguese, did not work.

So from what you told me about the version 11.34.0 will not work due to the BUG. However I can do this procedure in the above version 11.34.1?

7. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The procedure for translating WHM in 11.34.1 was outlined in my earlier post. Rather than modifying files in /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot, use the Locale Editor in WHM to translate the strings.

If you prefer to modify files, you can still do this even in 11.34.0. However be advised that these changes will be overwritten every time cPanel & WHM updates. To translate by modifying files:

1. Copy /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/themes/x to /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/themes/x_portugues
    2. Translate the text in /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/themes/x_portugues/command2
    3. Run /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/themes/x_portugues/rebuildtmpl

Now the left side menu in WHM is available in Portuguese for every reseller, including root. With this method there is no way to have a locale-specific theme for each reseller. All resellers on the system will have the same locale.

Using the Locale Editor, as I outlined earlier, does not suffer from this limitation.