The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel to cPanel migration

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aaron Mehar, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Aaron Mehar

Aaron Mehar Registered

Aug 23, 2012
    Slough, United Kingdom
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Everyone!

Ive just started to use cPanel and so far its pretty great!

I had cPanel VPS with one provider but then wanted to move it to another, so I set up the new one and used the account transfer option, this worked well and everything is there.

I had 2 nameserver configured and on the old VPS, Ive contacted my registrar and they have updated the glue records for the new IP address and thats working. The old VPS has now been shutdown.

There are 3 websites on the new VPS and they all resolve correctly using the new nameservers, my issue is cPanel on the new VPS seems to think the old IPs are in place, so If I go to Main >> DNS Functions >> Nameserver IPs then the olds are listed.

Clearly thats wrong, but everything is all working, so where do I change this? Going to Basic cPanel & WHM Setup and hitting the "Assign IP" doesnt work, it just adds the old ones, if I hit "Add an A entry for this nameserver" and enter the new IP, it accepts this but under "nameserver IPs" still has the old ones.

I have root access to the server as well.
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Please keep in mind the "Nameserver IPs " option has no bearing on DNS propagation. It's purely there for visual purposes. The following thread should be helpful in explaining how this option works:

Change Name Server IPs

Thank you.