The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cpanel to cpanel transfer

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by jay3ld, Sep 10, 2005.

1. jay3ld

jay3ld Registered

i am building a site for someone on my site. Now when im finished i would like to just some how transfer that site i built to there site.
    i think theres someway cpanel does it like a full backup and then on other cpanel use cron jobs to do a wget to that other site were the backup is...

can i get some feedback on how i will need to do this when the time comes in a few days...

2. shashank

shashank Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If you have full root access on both the servers or atleast the destination server use the WHM transfer functions and everything should get replicated on the destination server as it is.

3. samia

samia Registered

Hi,

Even if you don't have full root access to other server from where you have to transfer the account. Just go to Transfer an account from another server with account password option under WHM. Type domain name, user name, password and only IP address of server where it is hosting and click on transfer account.
    WHM will copy and paste the same account with complete information of email, data, etc.

Have a nice day.

Samia

4. DigitalSurgeon

DigitalSurgeon Well-Known Member

Yes, there is a way to transfer through WHM and that is efficient.I have heard about Cpanel transfer too but do not know that how Cpanel to Cpanel trnasfer is made.Can anydoy guide me about Cpanel to Cpanel transfer not through WHM.

5. pshepperd

pshepperd Well-Known Member

Basically you need to do the full site backup in cpanel, then you upload that to your other cpanel server and just restore it, it will work like that. Its under cpanel >> backup

By you doing that it is almost identical to the process of how WHM does it without the root password.

Please be aware there are DNS / Mail issues with what you are doing, so know what you are doing first.