The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cpanel tracking

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by durangod, Aug 28, 2013.

1. durangod

durangod Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi, i have a customer that wants more privacy. He has a very legal site, it is much like a tea party site. This is what my customer stated to me.

So what do i tell this customer, i assume as a host i am required to store such info for as long as cPanel/WHM keeps it until its purged. But what about my clients, do they have control on their cPanel to turn it all off and not track anything?

I dont know what to tell them other than i will check to see if its even possible.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

You could utilize the feature manager at:

"WHM Home » Packages » Feature Manager"

Create a new feature list for the package their account is assigned. You can choose to disable features that may provide them statistics (e.g. Awstats, Webalizer, Error Log). However, this will not stop the server from logging access attempts to their website. You would not be able to disable that without heavy customizations to the Apache configuration, and to other applications such as FTP and SSH.

Thank you.

3. durangod

durangod Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Ty for your kind reply.. This all started because he found out about startpage search engine and wanted to know how they did what they do. So i just advised him of your reply and also that startpage prob did the same, took a ded server and hacked the config to make that happen... of which is not cost affective for me to do for one customer.

Thanks... :)