The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cpanel trademark

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sandanista, May 13, 2005.

1. sandanista

sandanista Registered

May 13, 2005
    Hello everyone,
    I have just registered at these forums and I am looking forward to contributing to your community.
    Firstly I have a question...
    I am currently developing a website dedicated to cpanel. It includes cpanel tutorials, cpanel, webhosting, and general webmaster articles, a directory of companies offering cpanel licenses, a directory of hosting companies using cpanel, and related services. This website has been in development since last summer and is nearing the final stages.
    As my website is dedicated to cpanel it makes sense for me to use the word cpanel in my domain name. I see that there are many websites online that are using the word cpanel in their domain name and are not affiliated with cpanel. However, who offer cpanel licenses is listed on the site.
    Because these companies are using the word cpanel in their domain name I am assuming that it is also ok to use the word cpanel in the domain name for my website, however, I would prefer to get clarification from a cpanel representative first.
    Who can I contact regarding this issue?
    Any help/advice from forum members would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you,
  2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Go on, have a guess
    It's not usually a problem. You need to contact and discuss this with them.