The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel trial is missing FTP manager

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by diango12, May 15, 2013.

1. diango12

diango12 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Just installed a Trial Demo of Cpanel (WHM 11.36.1 (build 6) [TRIAL]). I am trying to figure out how to set the FTP home directory of a user. So far I have been able to create a user by going to Account function > Create new account. But I don't get an option for setting that. The package list box is also empty. I checked he package feature list and ftp account manager is checked.

All of the documentation available now is for the old cPanel.. Where can I get up to date docs on the new panel? How do I set the home directory for ftp users?

2. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This has nothing to do with the fact that you have a trial license. All features are available with a trial license.

The cPanel account always has the same root directory for FTP - the account's home directory. What you may be thinking of is setting the home directory for an additional FTP user. You can create an additional FTP user in cPanel by clicking FTP Accounts, under the Files heading.

Note that you do not need to create an additional FTP user just to upload your site. You can log into FTP with the cPanel username and password.

All of our documentation is available on All Documentation.

3. diango12

diango12 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    edit .l Sorted

#3 diango12, May 15, 2013
    Last edited: May 15, 2013