Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

cPanel, Trustix + Bind

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by mattonline, Nov 5, 2004.

1. mattonline

mattonline Member

Hi everyone, I have read all the posts on this issue but have found nothing to assist me.

I'm running cPanel on Trustix 2.0 - the issue is that BIND is never up, when you restart it I get the following error message:

named has failed, please contact the sysadmin (result was "named is not running"). Nov 6 13:08:21 mayo named: Named is not running failed Nov 6 13:08:21 mayo named[2236]: starting BIND 9.2.2 -u named -t /var/lib/named/chroot -c /etc/named.conf Nov 6 13:08:21 mayo named[2236]: using 1 CPU Nov 6 13:08:21 mayo named: named startup succeeded Nov 6 13:08:21 mayo named[2236]: loading configuration from '/etc/named.conf' Nov 6 13:08:21 mayo named[2236]: /etc/named.conf:100: '}' expected near end of file Nov 6 13:08:21 mayo named[2236]: loading configuration: unexpected token Nov 6 13:08:21 mayo named[2236]: exiting (due to fatal error)

I've tried running /scripts/fixbuggynamed, /scripts/fixnamed, /scripts/rebuildnamedconf etc all without success.

The other issue is that after a few days of the server being up I have multiple instances (so far the most I've seen is 50) of this running (as shown in service status) :

Disk /var/spool/sysklog.d/dev (/var/lib/named/chroot/dev) 2%

After a reboot two of these instances appear but many more are added as the machine is on for a period of time, any ideas?

Thanks

Matt

Yes, I have lodged a ticket with cPanel - #79521

#1 mattonline, Nov 5, 2004
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2004