The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cpanel update and easyapache not getting version info from cpanel

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by sardelich, Sep 15, 2012.

1. sardelich

sardelich Well-Known Member

weird issue.both update of cpanel and easyapache are not displaying version information.cpanel update doesnt display numbers and easy apache stays forever on Making sure we have the latest files...any suggestions? other than that servers works like a charm

2. sardelich

and i got this:

/bin/sh: line 1: 918361 Alarm clock /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/autorepair recoverymgmt > /dev/null 2>&1

3. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    For the issue with the alarm clock message, please see this thread:

http://forums.cpanel.net/f5/autorepair-alarm-clock-280751-p2.html#post1229671

For the first issue, are you running /scripts/easyapache or using WHM > EasyApache (Apache Update) area? If you are using the GUI, please switch to running the easyapache update in root SSH to see if you can trace the process if it doesn't continue:

Code:
    lsof -p PID#
    You'd run that after finding the process for EasyApache update. You can "ps aux | grep easyaphe" (without the quotes) to see the process ID, then replace PID# in the prior command with the process ID number.

Also, when you state EasyApache isn't displaying version information, where aren't you seeing that information? If you can provide the command being used or the location, that would be helpful.

4. sardelich

I'm using GUI. In cpanel whm update screen it never displays version number and in easyapache it just stays on Making sure we have the latest files...screen.
    I ran shell and it was waiting for some time and finally it gave me screen with 3.14.9 as latest EA update and lsof said that last command that was stuck was easyapach 591524 root 4r FIFO 0,8 0t0 27567307 pipe.So,easyapache no matter ssh or gui passes to next step but with old version info after couple of minutes but cpanel update never passes to new screen.

5. ethix

ethix Active Member

I believe I have the same issue on one server (I haven't checked the rest).
    WHM 11.32.4 (build 15)
    CENTOS 5.8 i686

6. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Since most of the reply isn't clear on what is happening, please submit a ticket. I'm still not certain what area isn't showing the version. A screen print would be most helpful.

7. sardelich

managed to get /scripts/upcp --force to run...was stuck at checking perl modules for 20 minutes or so..but finished and everything is working...