The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cpanel update wipes /etc/my.cnf file settings

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eva2000, Oct 5, 2001.

1. eva2000

eva2000 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I have been using cpanel 3.5 for a long time but decided to update to the latest version. I didn\'t realise the cpanel update also updated mysql from 3.23.37 to 3.23.39. Well i have tweaked mysql with a custom my.cnf file but the update of cpanel wiped it back to the default max_connections = 500 setting.

For this reason i removed the nightly update from the cronjobs since without my tweaked mysql settings, mysql on my server would probably crash since mysql default ain\'t gonna handle my load.

Now is there a way for cpanel update, to copy what was in /etc/my.cnf before the update and plant it back into the new /etc/my.cnf file prior to restarting mysql after each cpanel update? would save me from having to re-insert my custom my.cnf file settings :)

[Edited on 10/5/01 by eva2000]

2. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:089e828eec]I have been using cpanel 3.5 for a long time but decided to update to the latest version. I didn\'t realise the cpanel update also updated mysql from 3.23.37 to 3.23.39. Well i have tweaked mysql with a custom my.cnf file but the update of cpanel wiped it back to the default max_connections = 500 setting.

For this reason i removed the nightly update from the cronjobs since without my tweaked mysql settings, mysql on my server would probably crash since mysql default ain\'t gonna handle my load.

Now is there a way for cpanel update, to copy what was in /etc/my.cnf before the update and plant it back into the new /etc/my.cnf file prior to restarting mysql after each cpanel update? would save me from having to re-insert my custom my.cnf file settings :)

[Edited on 10/5/01 by eva2000] [/quote:089e828eec]

Just chattr it +i and cpanel won\'t touch it

3. eva2000

eva2000 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    so i type

chattr it +i my.cnf

in the /etc directory right?

4. bdraco

bdraco Guest