The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel Upgrade to Latest Version

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by ltchat, Nov 21, 2014.

1. ltchat

ltchat Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi all,

I just logged in to my WHM and got message on top right corner "The last attempt to update cPanel & WHM was blocked. Details". When i clicked on "Details" I got this message:

" Please correct these issues and rerun updates.

fatal: The server cannot upgrade to cPanel & WHM version 11.46 because Microsoft® FrontPage® is installed. Use WHM's Uninstall FrontPage Extensions interface (Home >> FrontPage >> Uninstall FrontPage Extensions) to remove FrontPage."

So i did what it's said, i uninstall FrontPage Extensions and clicked on updates to update the cPanel & WHM. Everything goes smoothly till 92%. The last line in log window is :

"[20141121.150034] [12342] Failed to restart cpsrvd gracefully. Performing a forced restart."

How long Forced restart takes? I keep it open now for around 1 hour and nothing changing. What i must to do? Can i refresh window or close it or anything? Did the update is finished or if i do anything would it damage my server?

Please advise
    Thanks in advance

2. ltchat

ltchat Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    its ok, my firefox just crashed, i did restarted firefox, and dit update from beginning and this time it finished without no problems.

thanks

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

I am happy to see the update completed successfully. Thank you for updating us with the outcome.