The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPanel User Request to allow open new port services.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Defcon, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Defcon

Defcon Registered

Hye! I using Cpanel 10.9.0-RELEASE 118. I have a question about request to allow a new port services. I already develop a web site that host on Cpanel 10.9.0-RELEASE 118, that PHP script need to communicate with other shoutcast box/server to grab info on port number 4111. For example that shoutcast IP is: 72.20.50.233:4111 . That port 4111 shoutcast box cannot be change to others port number, so i must allow Cpanel to recieve a port 4111 services. So my question here is:

a- How i can make a setting on my Cpanel to allow port 4111?
    b- How i can know what port is allow on CPanel? Is that have any funtions like MIME Types where i can see all of a list?

Thanxs.

2. rootuser

rootuser Well-Known Member

Open that particular port in your firewall , if you are using iptables only try below command

iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 4111 -j ACCEPT (check you interface name )

3. Defcon

Defcon Registered

Thanxs rootuser, is that mean someone who have a granted access to WHM to do it or someone can do it from Cpanel login?