The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel User without DNS Zone

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by dramos, Dec 23, 2011.

1. dramos

dramos Registered

Jun 18, 2010
    I have a server with cpanel that hosts a few websites; all website are ours. I made a cpanel account for each website. I made a re-seller account that owns the websites accounts. I did this so I wouldn't have to login to the root account every time i needed to make changes to the website accounts.

My question is about the the reseller account. Ideally, I would like to be able to create an account wtihout a domain; so, i just used a subdomian like this
    I don't need the reseller account to have a website, email or ftb accounts. I thought about using an invalid domain(this works in 11.30), something like
    I also thought about removing the DNS Zone. I would like to know if there are any problems with any of these two options, i would prefer to simply use a phony domain instead of deleting a DNS Zone but I dont know the consequence of any of these two.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance.
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

The better option of those two would be to use a subdomain of a domain name that you own, then to remove the DNS Zone. Using a domain name that you do not own could lead to problems if users on the system attempt to send emails to that domain name.

Thank you.