The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel users different hosts, but only one host in mails

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by tlovrec, Apr 29, 2008.

1. tlovrec

tlovrec Member

Hello,

the cPanel we're configuring will have around 200 hosts when we configure it like we want it and for those 200 hosts there will be around 50 resellers and normal users(We're migrating existing servers), it's all going good, we now added 3 domains for testing and came up to an error.

In Basic cPanel/WHM Setup the Hostname is set to xyz.si so all users now have e-mails username@xyz.si, but that's not the way we want it, if a new user was registered with hostname newuser.com we want him to have e-mail like username@newuser.com. We're using RoundCubeMail as webmail client and I've been checking that as well, they have an option to get mails from sendmail style virtusertable, that's user@domain user, but exim only has /etc/userdomains which is domain.com: user, and it doesn't take it, it also has an option to lookup mails from a MySQL database but I can't find one database that would have such information from cpanel.
    Does anyone know what could I do with this one?
    If you need more info just shout.

Regards,
    Thomas

2. anton_latvia

anton_latvia Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Do you "physically" see username@xyz.si in user cpanel? Where did you get it from?

Anton.