The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cpanel Users..?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by plug-in, Aug 28, 2009.

1. plug-in

plug-in Registered

First of all, I am using a normal Cpanel that you would get if you bought hosting (not a reseller), I was wondering if I can create other users so that other people can access the panel but I want to know if I can do that and change permissions so they can't do everything i can.

2. johnburk

johnburk Well-Known Member

3. plug-in

plug-in Registered

Thanks for the help!

4. Spiral

Spiral BANNED

The only way you could do that is if you were a RESELLER yourself. You would then have a higher login and you could setup whatever feature restricted access you wanted for the regular user level.

Now you mentioned that you are currently a regular user, if your current provider doesn't offer RESELLER level access, I can certainly help you with that as I deal with both resellers and cloud dedicated computing aside from the billion other things I do around here. ;)

Anyway though, no you could not otherwise have different user logins with
    different access privileges. As a regular user, you could still have MULTIPLE INSTANCES of the same login where you and someone else could login simultaneously using the same Cpanel login name. That much is allowed.