The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel via Firewall without using cPanelProxy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by simmo, Jan 25, 2005.

1. simmo

simmo Member

I seem to recall reading about a way of accessing cPanel via a firewall by mapping requests to alternate server IP addresses to port 2082 (and another IP to 2086 for WHM). In fact I've configured this before so I do know it's possible!

All I can find by searching are references to cPanelProxy but I looked at that before and preferred the ip mapping solution - it works for all accounts without having to create subdomains and it performs much faster.

Could someone remind me what I need to do?

2. projectandrew

projectandrew Well-Known Member

3. simmo

simmo Member

Thanks Andrew. In the end I followed your how-to and got everything working just fine. I was really looking at the IP approach to avoid having to create subdomains for each account and I do recall the performance of cPanelProxy not being all that great in the past. It seems to have improved significantly since I last used it plus phpMyAdmin even works which didn't via the IP method.

4. ThunderHostingDotCom

ThunderHostingDotCom Well-Known Member

So does your How To explain how to run cPanel Proxy on IP only? Is the cPanel, WHM & WebMail access as normal vs http://cpanel.domain.com?

Do you know if the small issues with cPanel Proxy have been fixed yet? Such as it not working under SSL & the Apache restart issue. I would also like to know if there is a way to make this script work like cgiProxy. There are a few sites I need to access from being a router & I can't so it would be nice if I could type in an addy to cPanel Proxy & have it take me to the site like cgiProxy does. FYI: cgiProxy is VERY slow. :)