The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel VPS + 2 nameservers

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Cadexc, Jun 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Cadexc

Cadexc Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello!

Currently my setup is having one server with 3 ips, (shared and 2 name servers) + one dedicated for one domain.

Now I have been thinking about separating these servers and I could do 2 name servers, each having one IP + hosting server with one IP. Like 2 DNS only + cpanel server.
    Issue is provider gives only one IP per VPS.

How to do the actual installation? First DNS only servers to get DNS up ? Then the cPanel server and use the DNS only server IPs when setting up cPanel ?

Also another question rise: I have to start using SNI because no more dedicated IP for the one domain ? This causes anything I should be aware of ?
    Like I don't wan't to hosted accounts https to redirect to root https just because one IP ?

#1 Cadexc, Jun 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

You can find a DNS cluster guide at:

Guide to DNS Cluster Configurations - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

You'd simply install cPanel DNS-Only on two new servers. You can use the main IP address of each DNS-Only server when setting up the name server IP addresses at the registrar.

Here's the most common issue encountered through the use of SNI:

SSL FAQ and Troubleshooting - Documentation - cPanel Documentation.

Thank you.