Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Cpanel w/ eth0 and eth1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by spearheadltd, Oct 29, 2005.

1. spearheadltd

spearheadltd Member

Does anyone know if cPanel can use both eth0 and eth1. I have two bandwith providers and one is in eth0 and one is in eth1. I have many ips on eth0 already and when i add the ips from the provider on eth1, it binds them to eth0 , therfore they do not work. Is there a way to tell cPanel to listen on both eth's? Or how do I install a block of ips so that cPanel can use them. using Red Hat Enterprise.

Thanks,
    spearhead

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Good question.

cPanel will only configure the IPs through the use of /etc/init.d/ipaliases on a single NIC as specific in WHM > Basic cPanel/WHM Setup > Alternate Main Ethernet Device. This is clear from /etc/init.d/ipaliases.

So, to achieve what you want, you'll need to bypass their method and write your own script by still listing the available IP as you would do normally in WHM and /etc/ips, but have your own version of /etc/init.d/ipaliases that allocates the IP's to the correct ethernet device.

Once the IP's are bound correctly you shouldn't have any problems, it's just a matter of disabling the script above and writing your own method to individually create the devices as needed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. CoolMike

CoolMike Well-Known Member

Sorry, I know it's a very old thread. But I need to do exactly the same. Some IP's I need to bind to ETH1 and some to ETH0. Has someone modified this scirpt already or could help me with this?

Michael

4. redwood

redwood Member

sorry for kicking. But i need this to!
    Is it possible?