The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel / Webail authentication fails from LAN, works from WAN

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ladless, Apr 7, 2012.

1. ladless

ladless Member

Hello,

I recently migrated my cPanel server from an old machine to a new machine...

All went fine but when I am connected to the LAN network that hosts the server as well (from the company's offices) I can't log into either cPanel or Webmail...

I get the message: "The login is invalid.".

However, curiously enough... it's working perfectly well from WAN... from my home for example...

This is very odd...

Could it be an issue with the DNS settings ? SSL redirection ?

Please help.

Thanks.

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Can you check on the new server that you are even accessing it and not the old one? You should be able to run tcpdump in root SSH to check during the connection attempt to see if you are connected to the new machine.

Also, are you using the same url at both locations? There have been some reports that using /login/ as part of the end of the url can cause the inability to login. You might try switching to cpanel-legacy for the login form in WHM > Tweak Settings to see if you can login then. If you can, there's some issue with the new login form and however you are connecting from that LAN location.

3. ladless

ladless Member

Thank you. I created a support ticket and they managed to fix it by clearing the filtered entries by cPHulk... Weird thing but it worked like a charm.

Thanks.