The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel WebDisk Presenting WHM Service's Server Certificate Instead of Client Domain's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dave.aiello, Jul 11, 2008.

1. dave.aiello

dave.aiello Member

I'm having a strange problem accessing cPanel WebDisk from MacOS X 10.5.4. My configuration is:

• WHM 11.23.2 cPanel 11.23.4-R26138, CENTOS Enterprise 4.6 i686 on standard - WHM X v3.1.0
    • SSL Certificates for issued by a third party CA for the client's website and the WHM server. Both certificates are properly installed.

When I attempt to connect to the WebDisk on the client's website using the MacOS X 10.5.4 built-in WebDAV client, I get the following warning dialog box. (The text in the dialog box is clipped at the top of the dialog box, believe it or not, so this is the extent of the message I can see):

...certifying authority. You might be connecting to a WebDAV server that is pretending to be {client's website URL} which could put your confidential information at risk. Would you like to connect to the WebDAV server anyway?​

There's a button labeled "Show Certificate" in this dialog box. If I click it, I am presented with the certificate for the WHM Server, not the client website that I expected. The certificate is valid, it's just the wrong one.

Why is this happening and is there a workaround?

Thanks,

Dave Aiello
    CTDATA