The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cpanel/webhosting manager

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crshep, Jan 27, 2009.

1. crshep

crshep Well-Known Member

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question but here it goes anyway. sorry if in wrong spot.

I have hosting business and when I give a customer lets say master rights so they can resell resellers or cpanel accounts.

But when I click on their cpanel and scroll down to their webhost manager Icon and click on it. it asks for the username and password from me. I'm already in the cpanel so why would it ask for this info. Shouldn't I just be let in?

This would make it 100% easier for me to help my customers with their customers if I had access.

example
    Click on my customers cpanel from my WHM then click on their webhost manager so I'm in their WHM so then I could click on their customer site so I can look and try and fix the problem.

Anyway is there a setting that needs changed or what needs to be done to make this able to happen?

Thanks
    Charles

2. rhenderson

rhenderson Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have seen this issue before. If you are logged in as root and go to a clients cPanel it AFAIK logs you in as that user and the root password. So then clicking on the WHM icon could cause some strange results, one reason is probably because you have another WHM open logged in as root (Probably set a cookie).

If you were logged in cPanel as the user then clicked on the WHM icon I am sure it would work fine. When the password box opens I am fairly sure you could put in the users name and the root password and be taken to thier WHM.

3. crshep

crshep Well-Known Member

Your first statement is right I'm logged in as the root user and work my way down the ladder. (For the lack of a better word)

Just to login to their cpanel ONLY I would need their username and password. Thats the problem I do NOT know it since the passwords are created on there own when I first create their account.

There has to be some kind of fix or something I'm doing wrong to get in. I have no way in to my customers sites or their customer sites and if they say something is wrong I need a way to be able to check it. The ONLY way I know now is to have them email me their info which is kind of dumb since the icon is right there just doesn't seem to work right.

Anyone know a work around then?

Thanks
    Charles

4. rhenderson

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    As I said above, you can use thier username and the root password to gain access (unless this is turned off in WHM), you don't need the users password.

5. crshep

crshep Well-Known Member

Thanks but it didn't work.

I used their username and MY root password. Was this correct?

Thanks
    Charles

6. rhenderson

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Again it depends on how it is set in WHM look in tweak settings and under system see if Disable login with root or reseller password into the users' cPanel interface. Also disable switch account dropdown in themes with switch account feature, is checked. If so it will not work. If you want it to work uncheck it and save it.

7. crshep

crshep Well-Known Member

ok tried that and that didn't work either. Hummmmm

But thanks anyway

Charles