The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel Webmail Login Page not displaying

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by acacetus, Dec 11, 2012.

1. acacetus

acacetus Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Backstory:
    So I was rolling down the CSF "Check Server Security" list trying to close up some of the potential security threats. When I started this process I had no problem getting into WHM, cPanel, and Webmail (I don't use WebDAV, but I would bet it was working too)

I believe the problems started as when I got down to flipping off the Proxy options. Shenanigans ensued.

Problem:
    Currently I have still have access to both WHM and cPanel logins/interfaces. It is my understanding that the cpsrvd is what controls all of the external interface access (WHM,cPanel,Webmail,WebDAV). This is the part that doesn't make sense to me, if I have access to WHM and cPanel I figured I would have access to Webmail by default. In addition this is giving me a timeout error, not a bad location failure.

What I have done:
    • I started by trying to reset the proxy settings to where they were prior to the issues, no joy.
    • I used the script to reset the proxy in the apache conf. No Help
    • I turned off my personal firewall to see if I was somehow blocking outbound ports to the server
    • I checked through the message log to find any blocks on the webmail port during an access request
    • I rebuilt apache to try and unbork anything I unintentially broke while flipping switches
    • I did a graceful restart to attempt to get the service back up

Other Information:
    The SMTP, IMAP and POP3 connectors are working just fine at the moment and I am recieving/able to send mail from both my email clients as well as from PHP mail scripts.

TL;DR: Webmail login page isn't displaying even though WHM and cPanel are

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    yourdomain.com/webmail and webmail.yourdomain.com do not work for you, is that correct or no?

3. acacetus

acacetus Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  4. acacetus

acacetus Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    After exhausting all my options on the server in question I got in contact with the datacenter where the box is. It turns out their edge firewall was blocking the ports. Thanks for the help.