The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cpanel Webmail transfer

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by MrAnthony, Jul 2, 2005.

1. MrAnthony

MrAnthony Registered

I've been at this for about 8hrs with no luck. I've tried transfering accounts through WHM, server times out. I've tried generating a full backup from my old host to the home dir and remote ftp, no luck at all. Neither one is producing any kind of results. My only option is to FTP the mail accounts over, which I don't know how to do. Does anyone have any suggestions?? (btw, my new host says they can't transfer account for liability reasons). Currently I'm trying the full backup with remote ftp again but my old host Server Status screen has 2 red warning lights:

Server Load : 5.69 (1 cpu)

Disk hda7 (/tmp) : 100%

2. drupal

drupal Active Member

Although I do not know the answer to what seek, I can tell you your host is full of shit. WHM has the exact function you are looking for built in that the hoster can run for you. Find a new host.

3. lankyb

lankyb Well-Known Member

liability reasons..... what aload of crap (and thats the polit version of saying it!).

The account tranfer only works well if the disk space usage for your whole account is below 200mb. If its more; what you can do is generate a full backup of your old hosting account, make sure you have a copy of it, then delete all the contains inside the public_html folder on the account you want to copy.

WARNING: DO THIS AT YOUR OWN DIGRESSION!

What you can do is then copy back onto the new host afterwards. What this should also do is allow you to copy the account over using the transfer function.

[WHM --> Transfer --> Copy an account from another server with account password]

Please Please Please be careful with this as it is not a 100% working solution, make sure you have a backup of everything before you try.