The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cpanel & WHM 11.30.5 (build 2) bandwidth limit autosuspend

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by classic2009, Dec 1, 2011.

1. classic2009

classic2009 Member

Dear All,

I have issue with bandwidth limit auto suspend feature that cpanel enable the client to pass his bandwidth limit and after two or
    more hours is suspend it but i want to make it suspend the account immediately.

Example:

I have one domain that have 2MB bandwidth limit, but when i watch video from that domain or browsing it and then go to see
    the bandwidth usage it show me it is 5MB/2MB so it is passed his limit but cpanel doesn't suspend it immediately, but after
    two or more hours it suspend it and send email notification with usage 5MB/2MB, so how to fix this and make cpanel auto suspend
    it immediately after his limit reached 2MB/2MB.

Thanks.

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You cannot force it to suspend immediately as this won't be noticed for 2 hours due to the following setting in WHM > Statistics Software Configuration area:

cPanel cannot process bandwidth constantly without causing possible load issues with the server. You could change the frequency to 1 hour instead if you prefer, but the bandwidth doesn't update automatically and only updates when the account bandwidth is actually processed at 2 hour intervals.

3. classic2009

classic2009 Member

Thanks you, now i understand.