Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

CPanel/WHM Access over HTTPS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Piratez, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Piratez

Piratez Registered

Greetings,

I've recently purchased and installed my own SSL cert and access to my secure url (https://www.mydomain.com) is working fine.

However, access to CPanel and WHM over HTTPS is still using the dummy cert localhost.localdomain.

What should I and/or my host do to set the secure CPanel and WHM access to use my cert ?

Thank You.

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

You would also have to install it under WHM > Change Server Certificates > cPanel/WHM Server

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Piratez

Piratez Registered

Unfortunately, there is no such option in my WHM. I guess my host has been disabled it.
    Furthermore, i just have a reseller account. Would changing the server cert not affect that whole server/the other accounts on that server ?

Thank You.

4. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    you do not have root accces as secure whm/cpanel usees TLS (stunnel) under root nothing you can do about unless you can talk you host into using your certificate but I doubt they will :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Piratez

Piratez Registered

thx dalem,
    and I doubt it as well.

Actually, after my initial post, I googled for this issue (my bad, I know. Should have been done them in reversed order). From what I've found out, I didn't any longer put much hope that it will work.

Thank you.