Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Cpanel / WHM - catchall email question

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by Sn@Ke, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Sn@Ke

Sn@Ke Registered

So I want to turn off catchall emails using :fail:

I did this in WHM (tweak settings), but it doesn't effect the accounts created before I made the change, it only effects "new accounts"

When I login to the account I want to change via Cpanel it says
    "The Default E-Mail/Catch-All feature has been disabled by default due to Spam and Security concerns.
    Please contact support if you need assistance with creating mail forwards (aliases) as an alternative. "

How can I use WHM to edit the accounts manually to set the catchall to :fail:

someone heeeelp?

2. logicsupport

logicsupport Well-Known Member

Hi,

If you are changing the default catch all to :fail, it will effect the newly created ones. So that you should change this via back end. We can do this using a script.

For example, if you need to change : blackhole to :fail. You can use the following

replace :blackhole: :fail: -- /etc/valiases/*

In the same way we can achieve your request using a simple script where in the place of blackhole, we need to specify the default catch all address

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. david510

david510 Well-Known Member

You cannot use WHM for that. You need to do it manually from SSH.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Sn@Ke

Sn@Ke Registered

Thanks guys

Awesome help :)