cPanel WHM - cPanel CronJobs Don't Works

reletobg

Aug 14, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I have installed cPanel WHM at VPS and i make one reseller account for my site, but the job don't run even one time. I use this code for the cron:
*/5 * * * * /usr/local/bin/php -f /home/proget/public_html/cron.php
I enter my email in cron to send me email but don't send emails, the mail server works fine.
I can't fiend any answer about this problem in Google so i try here , i hope here will help me some one. :rolleyes:

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

Please ensure the "crond" service is running. EX:

Code:
# service crond status
If it's not running, start it via:

Code:
# service crond start
If it is running, please try running your PHP command manually to ensure it completes successfully.

Thank you.

mirtillion

Registered
Apr 28, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello :)

Please ensure the "crond" service is running. EX:

Code:
# service crond status
If it's not running, start it via:

Code:
# service crond start
If it is running, please try running your PHP command manually to ensure it completes successfully.

Thank you.
Hello, I have the same problem. I checked the crond in SSH and it is running. I checekd the cron log too and found that the cron job is running without any error, however in the mail logs I didn't found any emails regarding the cron. It seems so, as I wouldn't set the email address properly up in the cPanel cron menu, but I did.
Can you help me on this?
Thanks.

Peter Horvath

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello, I have the same problem. I checked the crond in SSH and it is running. I checekd the cron log too and found that the cron job is running without any error, however in the mail logs I didn't found any emails regarding the cron. It seems so, as I wouldn't set the email address properly up in the cPanel cron menu, but I did.
Could you paste the full cron job that you have configured (removing account specific details and email addresses) so we can let you know if it's a valid cron job?

Thank you.