The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cpanel/whm file transfer server to server?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by iamzee, Jun 15, 2014.

1. iamzee

iamzee Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Good Day!

Would like to ask if there is a feature in whm or cpanel to copy a certain file from server 1 to server 2

I have a 20GB file which i need to copy from my server 1 to server 2.

what would be the best way?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Do you have shell access to your account on either server, or do you only have access to cPanel itself? If you have shell access, then you could utilize SFTP or SCP to transfer a file from one server to another. Otherwise, you would have to download the file to your computer via FTP, and then upload it to the destination server via FTP.

Thank you.

3. iamzee

iamzee Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
    I have the access of root account in whm/cpanel in both account

All i want to do is move my site from server 1 to server 2
    My problem is really becoming more stressful i just did make a fullback up tarball of site A then i noticed that the 20gb filesize of tarball did not successfully backup the whole server 1 file. because my Server 1 or Site A total size is 49gb and the total capacity of my vps server A is only 80gb so when i make a fullbackup tarball of server A it stops on 20gb because i dont have enough disk space in my server A. is there a possible way to make a whole backup of SERVER A whole cpanel (total size is 49gb) and store it directly to SERVER B because in my server B which is a new vps server account has a 150gb disk space. Thats why the whole cpanel backup tarball is always unfinished or failing its because i dont have enough disk space in server A to make a whole tarball back up

Thanks

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Could you elaborate on what you mean by backing up the entire server? Are you attempting to backup an image of the entire server, or do you mean a single account? Have you considered using the "Copy Multiple Accounts/Packages From Another Server" option in Web Host Manager?

Thank you.