The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel/WHM FTP upload filesize limit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stefan.ioan, Mar 17, 2010.

1. stefan.ioan

stefan.ioan Registered

Hello, I have been looking for a way to limit the filesize for ftp uploads so as to restrict my users from uploading files larger than 50 MB.

Does anyone know if there is a built-in option or another way to do this ?

I have searched the forum and used google to find the answer to this question and haven't been able to find an answer, most information I found refers to File Manager restrictions not FTP uploads.

Thanks,
    Stefan

2. Spiral

Spiral BANNED

You can throw the -n flag at startup to set limits for all logins or use the limits.conf config to set limits for each individual account in pure-ftpd.

There are ways around both of those though so I usually like to enable the upload script function and have it call a script to double check items.

3. stefan.ioan

stefan.ioan Registered

I have found that for ProFTPd one can set this option in it's configuration:

18. How can I limit the size of uploaded files?

As of 1.2.7rc1 there are two new directives MaxRetrieveFileSize and MaxStoreFileSize to control the maximum size of files being transfered to or from the server.

This was taken from: Configuration problems

Please point me to the file I need to modify/add this option.

Thank you
    Stefan

4. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You can add these directives to the ProFTPd configuration by logging into the shell as root, using an editor like vi or nano to edit /etc/proftpd.conf, and adding the directives with their desired values. Save the changes to the file, and restart the proftpd service:

Code:
    # /scripts/restartsrv_proftpd
    The directives you mentioned are not listed in the /etc/proftpd.conf file by default, so you will need to add them.