The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel - WHM Login

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nolim914, Jan 2, 2013.

1. nolim914

nolim914 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi everyone

Normally I make my own web server, with centos. But last week I bought hoster web site.

with papahost.ca There is no help..

Since they gave me the secret information.. IP server, Username, Password..

I log in cpanel, I changed my password ( to have my own ). But now, I'm trying to connect to WHM

with my ip:2087 or ip:2086.

I tried with both my username from cpanel and ROOT... with password of cpanel ( and i tried with their first random activation code )

Don't know what to do. I need Whm to start something..

All google research.. = need good password.....to get ittttttt.

I'm trying with Linux Ubuntu 12.01 LTS 32bit and Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Please want can I do.. I send a email to hostpapa, pretty sure they gonna say they cant reset WHM password.

Can I ? by cpanel interface? or someting...

Thanks to awnser me.

2. JordanSmith

JordanSmith Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Firstly that URL doesn't work for me I get a 403 error.

Do you have a reseller plan with them? If not then you won't be able to access WHM, you will only be able to access cPanel.

It would be best to wait for their support to get back to you, as we can't really help as we aren't your web host.

3. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Only your host is going to have access to reset your password. If you are supposed to have root access to the server, your host can physically put its hands on the server, reboot the server into single-user mode, and reset the password.

4. nolim914

nolim914 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Oups sorry the website of my host is.. /http://www.hostpapa.ca

Hum don't know which plan I bought, haha.

What can I do with Cpanel... the Tutorial is supposed to be complete.

To build my website I need WHM? I can't load all my saved filed into cpanel??

- - - Updated - - -

I hope Hostpapa.ca can change it..

Yes i'm the owner. Everyone told me cpanel and WHM is two differents things. They can reset cpanel or hostpapa.ca account, but not WHM... Supposed to be the same password?

I think I changed my password too fast from cpanel... Now i'm blocked with WHM.

5. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The cPanel product consists of two separate, but related, interfaces.

The WebHost Manager controls things that affect the whole server: creating and deleting accounts, starting and stopping services, global configuration of services, and so on. The WHM is what you log into on ports 2086 and 2087.

cPanel controls things that only affect a single site or account: creating or deleting mailboxes, configuring rewrites for a specific domain, managing the files in an account, and so on. cPanel is what you log into on ports 2082 and 2083.

In order to upload your files and build your site, you need to log into the WHM and create an account. In shared hosting, this is done for you by your host, which is why you may have never done it before, if your previous experience is with shared hosting. Once you have created an account, you can log into cPanel as that new account's user, and work on your site, and upload it via FTP.

With that said, it is still not entirely clear what type of plan you have from hostpapa.ca. Only hostpapa.ca can tell you that; we have no access to their systems.

If you have a dedicated server, or a virtual private server (VPS), you should have the root password for the server. You log into the WHM as the user "root", with the root password. The host definitely can set the root password, and reset it if necessary. That is why this statement: "They can reset cpanel or hostpapa.ca account, but not WHM... Supposed to be the same password?" really does not make sense. The WHM password is the root password that hostpapa.ca gave you when you signed up for the plan - if you have a dedicated server or VPS plan. The cPanel password is the password you set for the cPanel account when you created the cPanel account in the WHM.

Have you asked hostpapa.ca exactly what kind of plan you have, and if you are supposed to be able to log into the WHM as root? What is the exact question you asked them, and what was their exact answer? There seems to be a good bit of confusion here, and I am not certain if you are framing your question to your host the best way.

This statement, from your first post:

makes me wonder if you just have a simple shared hosting plan. If that is the case, you will not have access to the WHM, and you will need to ask your host to make any changes that would normally be made in the WHM interface.

You really need to ask your host these questions: "What plan have I paid for, and does it include access to the WebHost Manager? If the answer is 'yes', does it include reseller access or root access?" Only your host can answer these questions.

6. nolim914

nolim914 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

Yeah true I'm not reseller. I don't have it.

I only have access to cPanel. Thanks to everyone.