The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel/WHM Mail

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Jules242, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Jules242

Jules242 Member

Hey everyone,

I have a problem, and my host is unmanaged so they don't want to help me with this issue.

Since transferring and getting my nameservers working and all, I realized people weren't getting their mail. I made a test account, and surely enough it didn't receive any mail. Mail forewarders didn't work, and there is stuff on the mail queue that won't work. I tried to auto fix permissions, to no avail. Is there something I should have setup for mail accounts to actually function? Any ideas or any settings I should show you in order to better understand the issue?

Thanks... SO much!

2. mtindor

mtindor Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If you're running CentOS 5 or latest RHEL (and maybe others), it's probably an issue wth the way the new named.conf setup is - with internal/external views.

Do a search on the forums for "external views" or just external views. Read those all carefully and see if you can't come up with a solution.

And if you can't get Cpanel support from your Cpanel license provider, then find another place to provide you with a license that WILL provide you with support.

Mike

3. Jules242

Jules242 Member

Isn't the file supposed to be in "/etc/named.conf" ? I have no such file there, or in any other folder in /etc/.

If I can find it, I will try to analyze the file. I really hope I can get this working.