Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

cPanel/WHM Mail

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by Jules242, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Jules242

Jules242 Member

Hey everyone,

I have a problem, and my host is unmanaged so they don't want to help me with this issue.

Since transferring and getting my nameservers working and all, I realized people weren't getting their mail. I made a test account, and surely enough it didn't receive any mail. Mail forewarders didn't work, and there is stuff on the mail queue that won't work. I tried to auto fix permissions, to no avail. Is there something I should have setup for mail accounts to actually function? Any ideas or any settings I should show you in order to better understand the issue?

Thanks... SO much!

2. mtindor

mtindor Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If you're running CentOS 5 or latest RHEL (and maybe others), it's probably an issue wth the way the new named.conf setup is - with internal/external views.

Do a search on the forums for "external views" or just external views. Read those all carefully and see if you can't come up with a solution.

And if you can't get Cpanel support from your Cpanel license provider, then find another place to provide you with a license that WILL provide you with support.

Mike

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jules242

Jules242 Member

Isn't the file supposed to be in "/etc/named.conf" ? I have no such file there, or in any other folder in /etc/.

If I can find it, I will try to analyze the file. I really hope I can get this working.