Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

cPanel/WHM News has Disappeared

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mikelegg, Jun 9, 2007.

1. mikelegg

mikelegg Well-Known Member

cPanel/WHM News has disappeared from all of my client's cPanels since the recent upgrade to v11 and the x3 theme. Is there a way to display cPanel News in x3?

2. mikelegg

mikelegg Well-Known Member

My fault. I had some <p> tags in my news. Once I removed them the "Notices" section re-appeared.

3. GnomeyNewt

GnomeyNewt Active Member

Thanks for this post. Saved me a lot of guess work. Not really your fault actually. Just seems whatever they've applied the p tag in their CSS sheet is overriding anything that uses a <p>. I just changed it to a <span> tag and all is good.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. bionhost

bionhost Registered

ya.. I'm having a similar issue.
    But my entire notices box dissapears...

5. mtindor

mtindor Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Remove any HTML tags that you have in your WHM news section, and then log into Cpanel as a customer and see if the news shows back up. I don't know what all tags can't be added - or maybe no HTML tags can be added. But I do know that after I read this post and I went in and removed all HTML tags from my news, the Notices window showed up with the news in it.

Mike

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. cjmwebdesigns

cjmwebdesigns Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Have there been any other posts on this topic with a clear description of what can and cannot be done.

I can use some basic html tags such as <b> and </b> but I cannot use the <center> tag and some other tags.

What are the new limitations? Any documentation on this? cPanel News in WHM says to Please Use html tags but if I keep losing my news, how can I?