Cpanel & WHM not saving passwords in Chrome

vikins

Oct 3, 2006
There is a fix available. Add the following to your normal login URL for WHM (individual cPanel's probably work to):

?login_theme=cpanel-legacy

Then when the login prompt comes up, bookmark the new URL. Use this URL for when you want to access using Chrome or any other browser that doesn't want to remember login info.

WhiteDog

Feb 19, 2008
There is a fix available. Add the following to your normal login URL for WHM (individual cPanel's probably work to):

Then when the login prompt comes up, bookmark the new URL. Use this URL for when you want to access using Chrome or any other browser that doesn't want to remember login info.
That's a workaround, not a fix. That's also something I can not explain to all my users...

While this may be a Chromium issue there still are things cPanel can do to really fix this issue.
Why not simply detect Chrome and offer some different HTML / JavaScript or apply one of the workarounds offered in the Chromium topic?

Gino Viroli

Oct 2, 2007
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
It's amazing to me that after 6 months this bug is still there.
All customers screaming because they can not save webmail login details anymore and they need to re-enter them each time.
It does not work even on IE8, so it's not a problem of the browser it's a problem with cPanel!!!!

The new login panel is the typical new feature added by engineers to have fun coding something that nobody ever asked for.
The old login with the Windows dialog was perfect and it worked great.

WhiteDog

Feb 19, 2008
Have you seen my post a few posts up? There's a link to the Chrome bug tracker, this appears to still be open and ongoing.
Why did you allow such a major GUI change to go live, while a major part of it is not working in a browser with a market share (at that moment) of about 40%?

There are possible workarounds that could be implemented inside the logon GUI HTML and / or JavaScript code (as even suggested in the Chrome topic). Why are they not being considered?

You must understand this:
- Saving a password on a form is a feature in every major browser since... forever
- Our customers expect this to work, and it does not. Not because of a flaw in Chrome, because of a "flaw" in the design.

I'm sure that your developers are more then capable to implement a workaround for this issue in a matter of hours if they are given the time. It'll be another 6 months before Google addresses this, but you can help us right now. Please just this fix this so we can finally start using the new GUI (which in itself is very nice!) :)

Gino Viroli

Oct 2, 2007
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Why did you allow such a major GUI change to go live, while a major part of it is not working in a browser with a market share (at that moment) of about 40%?
Totally agree on this!
Moreover on IE8 there is the same issue, so it's not only on Chrome.
On IE8 is not even possible to click on login input, I have to use TAB to move from one field to another cPanel 11.34.0 (build 11) This is ridicolous! :mad:

You must understand this:
- Saving a password on a form is a feature in every major browser since... forever
- Our customers expect this to work, and it does not. Not because of a flaw in Chrome, because of a "flaw" in the design.
Once cPanel engineers will start to undertstand these kind of stuff, cPanel will finally be the best server panel on earth.

I'm glad some of the webhosters are smart enough not to always immediately update to the lastest cPanel version, but wait for the market reactions in order to avoid these kind of terrible issues.
cPanel 11.32.5 (build 15) luckily still shows the normal Windows login that works great (and always did)

At cPanel they don't seem to understand that this negligence in testing things before releasing destroys thei brand placing them in the "unreliable companies" circle.

It'll be another 6 months before Google addresses this
Oh well for cPanel engineers is not an issue, it's just Google fault! I think I'm gonna say the same to my customers, and when I'll have lost them all, I'll have to move to another server panel.

planetjoin

Oct 14, 2003
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Thanks but in Chrome still not works :(

In fact is terrible weird.. I´ve was using firefox for this issue.. and the other day.. i begin to use Chrome again.. importing all the favorites, passwords etc.. from Firefox.. and all is done.
Now.. if i go to "Configuration" in Chrome.. i can see the list of domains and passwords perfectly...
But.. when i try to login in one site (where the password is stored in Chrome).. still not appears.. (some yes some others not)

Regarding the tipo to disable javascript and re-enable it.. not works neither..

;(

Regards
Fabian

planetjoin

Oct 14, 2003
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator

This.. for now.. was the best option.. is not useful to explain to each user and is still a big BUG from cpanel.. but at least for me.. to login as root and as administrator.. fixed my problems :)

Thanks vikins

Fabian

chrismfz

Jul 4, 2007
Greece
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Very old thread but still not working on Chrome.

A quick 'n dirty fix, if you uncheck the checkbox about Autofill ("Enable Autofill to fill out web forms in a single click.") in chrome's settings
and have checked only the Save Passwords checkbox it works.

hbhb

Dec 1, 2006
I was browsing on the internet and found this thread. any fix to this issue yet?

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hey guys! I can't believe this problem still... I can't save my passwords on WHM CPanel page using Chrome.
Do any of the previous solutions referenced in this thread help?

Thank you.