Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Cpanel/ Whm not working after fresh installation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by itajooba, Feb 2, 2010.

1. itajooba

itajooba Member

Hi,
    after fresh installation in our CentOS Server and following all the steps in Quick Start Installation Guide
    We can not get https://$IP:2087.

however we got cPanel Layer 2 Install Complete after following above steps without any error ?
    do anyone have any idea ? what went wrong ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. garrettp

garrettp Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    CentOS has default iptables (firewall) rules that block access to cPanel ports out of the box. You can flush them with `iptables -F` and also remove them from /etc/sysconfig/iptables to prevent them from coming back on a system reboot or service restart.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. itajooba

itajooba Member

Thank You

Great it worked like charmed !!! thank you

4. itajooba

itajooba Member

Ok,

Things come back when i restarted the server i have to again remove the IP from firewall, is there anyway from where i can permentely remove th IP from firewall so even after restart the server keep whm working.

Regards,
    Shashi Kant

5. Spiral

Spiral BANNED

What garrettp told you should take care of all that unless you have another firewall script pre-installed somewhere that is resetting iptables such as APF, CSF, or some other (a couple of data centers have their own proprietary scripts).

The "iptables -F" temporarily flushes iptables

The "rm -f -- /etc/sysconfig/iptables" removes the entries permanently

Don't forget to restart "service iptables restart ; service cpanel restart"

If you reboot and get the blocks back then you got something else going on and I would say you have some other firewall script active or you are on an old traditional VPS server (Eeeewww! :rolleyes:) and they got you setup to load a standard image at each boot. In the later case, your only recourse outside of moving would be to setup a script to auto make the changes you need after each reboot.

You can always disable iptables temporarily till you finish getting Cpanel installed which incidentally is a whole lot more than just simply running http://layer1.cpanel.net/latest which would be only about 1% of what all you need to do to get Cpanel up and running properly.

Regarding what I just said:
    Code:
    service iptables stop
    chkconfig iptables off

(NOTE: I absolutely do not recommend that be used for anything permanent!)