Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

cPanel / WHM pages blank

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scotty_B, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Scotty_B

Scotty_B Active Member

Hi,

Slight problem, ran upcp earlier and now cannot access either whm or cpanel, both result in a blank page.

This appears in the error_log when I try to access whm:
    /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/bin/whostmgr: relocation error: /usr/local/cpanel/perl/Lchown/Lchown.so: undefined symbol: Perl_Gthr_key_ptr

And this appears when I try to access cPanel:
    Time::HiRes object version 1.87 does not match $Time::HiRes::XS_VERSION 1.94.

Have tried upcp --force but no joy, no obvious error messages are being picked up, although earlier it was coming back with something about being unable to find /usr/local/cpanel/perl/Lchown/Lchown.so so I checked and the file never existed so I ran /scripts/perlinstaller Lchown and then copied /home/.cpan/build/Lchown-1.00/blib/arch/auto/Lchown/Lchown.so into /usr/local/cpanel/perl/Lchown/ which got rid of that problem but left the current one.

Have done a search (well a few searches) but can't find anything useful.

-edit, forgot to mention I'm probably running either stable or release but can't get into WHM to check, obviously.

TIA

Ben

#1 Scotty_B, Jan 2, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2007
  2. Scotty_B

Scotty_B Active Member

Update, edited /var/cpupdate.conf and have updated to edge, now I can access WHM but am still unable to get into cPanel, still the same error

Time::HiRes object version 1.87 does not match $Time::HiRes::XS_VERSION 1.90.

3. Scotty_B

Scotty_B Active Member

Hmm, I'm pretty much stumped with this one, tried everything I can think of including updating perl etc and still no joy.

Any suggestions?

TA

4. dimenocjason

dimenocjason Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    same thing

I'm having the same issue on a dedicated clients server, however I haven't heard of this issue reported by our other clients.

his /etc/cpupdate.conf was set to use the release version (just like our other servers). This issue began for our client last Friday. Our techs have ran /scripts/upcp --force several times. I changed the config to the CURRENT release and ran /scripts/upcp --force, but this made the issue more prominent.

The strange thing is that this blank page issue occurs inconsistently with different browsers. I was able to get the login prompt, and press cancel and see the login page when trying to view the cPanel in Internet Explorer, but I couldn't in Firefox however (only blank page). When trying to login via Internet explorer it didn't work. I changed back to the RELEASE version and started to run upcp, and the issue went away.

Very odd. This is a tough issue.

5. sunyl

sunyl Active Member

remove the binary from /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin and run /scripts/rrdtoolinstall

:)

6. sunyl

sunyl Active Member

hehe just remove rrdtool binary ;)

7. Scotty_B

Scotty_B Active Member

Old thread but I did try that and had no joy, box was getting towards the end of it's life anyway so I lived with it for a couple of months and did all maintenance etc by hand untill the server was replaced.

8. [O-CuK]Marci

[O-CuK]Marci Active Member

Exactly same issue here - went away racing for the weekend, came back to blank cPanel. WHM works fine, cPanel, blank page. Am just running rrdtoolinstall at the mo...

9. [O-CuK]Marci

Done - and it's still exactly the same - cPanel on port 2083 blank. WHM working fine. L'il help??

10. Murtaza_t

Murtaza_t Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    What does the logs at /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_logs?

If it is versioning problem of one of the perl module then the problem lies with your binary file /usr/local/cpanel/cpanel.

Place a ticket to cpanel about it or hire some one to fix as your binaries will need to be replaced/repaired.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. [O-CuK]Marci

All fixed... cheers cPanel Support!

12. DJ XtAzY

DJ XtAzY Member

omg i love u haha

I think this should be implement in the next cpanel build

13. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    disabling statfs makes cpanel about 10% slower, so its only disabled if there is a problem.