The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cpanel/WHM problem, Exim problem, Mail problem

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by iroku, Aug 18, 2006.

1. iroku

iroku Registered

hi all, i have afew big , big, big problems with cpanel and whm,

i have a vps, running linux centos4 and just updated my cpanel, so i have the latest version, with mysql 5, well updared to mysql 5 to see if i can fix my problems but ti didnt work.

1. Exim is down, i tried everything i could like, eximup --force, exim4, service exim restart, mysql database repair, sql restart, apache rebuild, etc etc, still failed n it dsnt work, i have exim 4.52.

2. even before exim started to fail and until now, all my mail accounts r rejecting the passwords n usernames, i mean i cant login from webmail atall, it says username and pass r wrong for every single account which i used to use, i have only around 5 mail accounts, i deleted them n put them back there, still the same thing, wen i download the pop config for outlook express it accepts the pass but not allowed to send, wen i try to send it says username and pass r wrong, n even tho it says its reading mail from outlook, mails never arrive.

3. dns problem. wen i try to add a hostname, it says "The zone for the root domain co.uk is missing, or could not be read. The ip address will be read from the webserver configuration and a new zone will be created for this subdomain.", it adds it, n things run fine "i think" but dont know why that error and what affect it has?

thanks for all the help

2. chae

chae Well-Known Member

Hi Yah, we had major with Exim also on all the servers that we updated manuually to the latest Current release. The update wiped our Exim Config file clean and all our anti-spam and RBL's were gone, so for a good 24 hours our customers were being subjected to all the crap of the day in their mailboxes.

After finding out what had gone wrong we tried to update the config file through WHM but the new settings wouldn't take even on a shell session and manually editing. Eventually had to contact NOC and see if they could resolve it and they couldn't...

Had to downgrade to latest Release version and we could then edit the Exim Config file again and get servers back to normal.

3. iroku

iroku Registered

culd you please explain further how the exim config can be eddited and what needs to be changed? thank you

4. chae

chae Well-Known Member

The problem we had wasn't exactly the same as yours, but I do know from NOC that after last set of updates a lot of people were having mail issues. The problem we had was we could edit the ACL's in the first box no problem (whm exim configuration) and the settings would hold, but when we tried to add back in our ACL's & RBL list in the 3rd editable box down they would not stick, no matter which browser we used or even editing manually.

We resolved it by downgrading from current to release, added back our ACL's and everything worked. We're not running mysql 5 but during the downgrade whm upgraded our mysql from .20 to .21

5. iroku

iroku Registered

ohh i seee. i dont really know what to do, no one seems to have the problem am hving. cant find a solution on google or anywhere else